- SOCWA, a public entity, was formed on July 1, 2001 by a Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement (“JPA”) amongst ten agencies.
- From FY2017-18 through FY2020-21, SCWD revenues grew at a moderate annual average rate (3-6%) exceeding historic long-term inflation (3%).
- During that period, annual average expenditures grew at a low rate (0-3%), a growth rate less than growth in revenues and less than historic long-term inflation (3%).
- Recent years’ financial reports show a negative unrestricted net position, most recently in FY2020-21 due to net pension and OPEB liabilities.
- The FY2022-23 budget (pg. 9) forecasts future member agency costs growing 3.7% to 4.1%.