- The District became a subsidiary district and component unit of the City of Garden Grove on May 30, 1997.
- From FY2017-18 through FY2020-21, GGSD revenues grew at a low annual average rate (0-3%), slightly below historic inflation (3%).
- During that period, annual average expenditures declined.
- The FY2022-23 GGSD budget shows a post-pandemic recovery of revenues and increased expenditures.
- The District reports that it will need to study increasing its water and sewer fees to address cost increases (MSR Survey/Interview, 2022).