- The Cypress Recreation and Park District is a dependent district to the City of Cypress.
- From FY2017-18 through FY2020-21, R&PD General Fund revenues declined due to pandemic-reduced fees and lower interest earnings.
- During that period, annual average General Fund expenditures were nearly unchanged.
- The California Auditor ranked the City’s financial risk as 233 out of 423 cities (1 is riskiest) in FY2019-20.
- The FY2022-23 R&PD budget shows partial recovery of charges for services and growth in property taxes, producing a positive balance before capital and transfers.