- From FY2017-18 through FY2020-21, City revenues grew at a low annual average rate (0-3%), less than historic long-term inflation (3%).
- During that period, expenditures grew at a low annual average rate (0-3%), below revenue growth and below historic long-term inflation (3%).
- The City’s FY2020-21 ending unassigned General Fund ending balance exceeded City policy minimum of 25% of expenditures.
- The California Auditor ranked the City’s financial risk as 268 out of 423 (1 is riskiest) in FY2019-20.
- The FY2022-23 budget projects operating expenditures to slightly exceed General fund revenues.