- From FY2017-18 through FY2020-21, revenues declined due to impacts of the pandemic.
- During that period, expenditures grew at a moderate annual average rate (3-6%), slightly above long-term inflation (3%).
- The City’s Sheriff contract and other expanding expenditures continue to outpace revenues and no strategies have been developed to handle future growth and prevent a future deficit (MSR Survey, 2022).
- The California Auditor ranked the City’s financial risk as 357 out of 423 (1 is riskiest) in FY2019-20.
- The FY2022-23 budget document reports improving revenues and a balanced General Fund budget.